Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linux Anyconnect 3.1 install failing

I have a file from my company to use to install Cisco Anyconnect 3.1 on a Linux system.  I'm running openSUSE 13.1.  I've tried installing it, but get an error regarding libxml2.so.2 as no such file or directory.  It continues but then again fails on mv: cannot stat '/opt/cisco/vpn/@.log' that it does not exist.  Tries to continue again and fails with Warning: Unit file of vpnagentd.service changed on disk, 'systemctl daemon-reload' recommended.  I'm not overly familiar with Linux, but I have to set up this system at my house to access the company network for programming.  Would someone be able to provide some guidance?  The full error page is as follows (follows answering Y to accept the terms):

Description of Other Rights and Obligations
Please refer to the Cisco Systems, Inc. End User License Agreement.

Do you accept the terms in the license agreement? [y/n] y
You have accepted the license agreement.
Please wait while Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is being installed...
Removing previous installation...
/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/manifesttool: error while loading shared libraries: libxml2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overridden by native
systemd configuration.

redirecting to systemctl stop vpnagentd
Warning: Unit file of vpnagentd.service changed on disk, 'systemctl daemon-reload' recommended.
mv: cannot stat ‘/opt/cisco/vpn/*.log’: No such file or directory

Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overridden by native
systemd configuration.

vpnagentd                 0:off  1:off  2:off  3:on   4:off  5:on   6:off
Starting Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Agent...
redirecting to systemctl start vpnagentd
Warning: Unit file of vpnagentd.service changed on disk, 'systemctl daemon-reload' recommended.
Job for vpnagentd.service failed. See 'systemctl status vpnagentd.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
michael@linux-vjo6:~/anyconnect-3.1.04059/vpn>

In the vpnagentd line, the ones showing on (3 and 5) are in green.  Thanks.

1 Reply 1

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You could be running into compatibility issues. Try un-installing the anyconnect and install openconnect.  Try sudo zypper install openconnect  to install from the opensuse repository.  They try to connect using the openconnect from the command line.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**