Views
Helpful
Replies

Login failed.

cchapple
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

I am running Windows 10 on an HP Pavillion Laptop.  I am unable to connect to my company's VPN...everytime I try I get a "login failed" message.  My company's IT department has remoted into my laptop and tried to connect using their own logins and get the same message.  My IT dept told me that they aren't seeing anything from my end after the initial attempt (as in the login credentials aren't  being sent to the company server after the initial connection is made).  My company's IT dept is at a loss and so am I. We tried disabling the Windows firewall, I have no other anti-virus or security software installed and my PC is pretty much as is from store.  The only programs I have installed are Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Citrux Receiver, and a couple programs to transfer music from iPhone to iPhone (which I have since uninstalled).

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Which VPN application you are using ??

Hi - sorry - Cisco anyconnect 

Hi,

The fact that you have disabled windows firewall and no antivirus may actually be what's causing this problem.This error maybe because the administrators have set minimum system requirements to access the network. Or Dynamic Access Policy (DAP) check being configured on the ASA Which terminates the VPN having a policy whose criteria does not meet your account. Anyway, contact your IT people and ask them to attach the following..

-  sh run dynamic-access-policy-record
- debug dap error

Regards

It is possible that DAP has been configured but doubtful. 

How is authentication done for AnyConnect users, is it through RADIUS or locally defined users? If RADIUS is being used try selecting "do not require Kerberos pre-authentication" under the Active Directory user account.

If that does not help, it would help to see a full running configuration (sanitized).

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: