cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac OS X 10.8 / AnyConnect 3.1.00495 won't recognize Symantec

dirtyblueshirt
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization uses controls to verify a client is running Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.x or 12.x on a user's machine before allowing them into the network. On Windows hosts, this works fine, however our preliminary tests on Mac OS X 10.8 hosts display an error that Symantec services aren't running/virus definitions are out of date (both incorrect statements on the Mac host as the definitions are current as of today and the service is running). Is there a known issue regarding this, or are we missing something in the VPN controls to allow Mac clients to authenticate? Here's the relevant versions involved:

Mac OS X 10.8.2

CiscoAnyConnect 3.1.00495

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.1989.1989 (12.1 RU2 Beta 2)

Any insight would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

-Aaron

5 Replies 5

Hi Aaron,

May I know the CSD version?

Hostscan version?

"debug dap trace"?

ASA version?

Thanks.

Portu

Please rate any helpful posts

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hmmm, I was just given the AnyConnect installer, not the entire CSD package it seems. I will get this from our guys at work tomorrow and report back the results.

Okay,

I downloaded csd-3.6.6210-macosx-i386-k9.dmg and mounted it. It mounted a drive that looks like it only contains the Posture Module 3.0.1.10055. Same result after this install.

Any update on this issue?

I found this on CCO.  If I am reading this correctly, "engine version" isn't supported on MAC OSX for SEP 11.x and 12.x.

Any thoughts on this?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10884/products_device_support_tables_list.html