Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MacOS 11.0.1 (Big Sur) Breaks VMWare Fusion 12 NAT

After my system upgraded to MacOS 11.0.1 (Big Sur), VMWare Fusion 12 guests could no longer get to the internet after a VPN session had been established on the host (for example, a Windows 7/8/10 guest hosted on my MacOS 11.0.1 machine).  The guest can get to the internet via NAT, but once a VPN session is established on the host (MacOS 11.0.1), it cannot.  Even after disconnecting the VPN on the host, the guest still cannot get to the internet (or anything for that matter) until and only until I shutdown the guest, close VMWare and restart the guest (without the VPN being established of course).  I did try to only restart the guest OS - that was not good enough.  I had to close VMWare and re-start it.

I called tech support and since I am not the network team and I do not have any contract numbers to give them, they suggested I ask the community for the latest version of AnyConnect (anyconnect-macos-4.9.04043-predeploy-k9.dmg).  Which seems kinda twisted if you ask me.

Any help would be appreciated...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Update - I installed the latest version of AnyConnect and the problem persists.  Also, I have installed Parallels trial and it does NOT have this problem... it's starting to shape up to be an issue with VMWare 12 on Big Sur.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Thanks Leo - Awesome document for the latest version of AnyConnect for MacOS.  Very useful... (even after VMWare fixes their issue - assuming it IS their issue )

Update - I installed the latest version of AnyConnect and the problem persists.  Also, I have installed Parallels trial and it does NOT have this problem... it's starting to shape up to be an issue with VMWare 12 on Big Sur.

Any updates on this? It is definitely not resolved with AnyConnect 4.10.00093 and Fusion 12.1.2. 

This is not solved.

khanhvn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is marked as "solved" , but what is the solution ?