cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Terminal Server and VPN

marco01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site-to-site VPN between two Pix 501 to connect two offices. The customer at office one works via RDP-Session 4.0 with a Terminal-Server (Win NT) at office two. We changed the office-conntection from a dedicated line to a cisco VPN. Scince that, the Terminal-Server interuppts the connection sporadically, "without a reason". There is no entry at the errorlog. The connection is stabil because the rdp-session is still active between the interuppion. The workstation witch is disconnected changes randomly. As the costumers claimed this problem occured firstly after we changed the line.

3 Replies 3

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

It is difficult to troubleshoot without having the logs. Have you seen any error messages? Is this happening at any particular time of the day?

Thank you for the fast answer. I solved the problem by setting the "timeout conn" to 0 and the "timeout half-closed" to 0. So, the terminal session runs stabil.

what about if there isn't any pix i believe that this command refers to pix devices only. Is there anything like this command (timeout conn , timeout half-closed) in a single router ?