Views
Helpful
Replies

Move VPN CryptoMap form Dialler to FastEthernet Port - 887VA

hiltonstroud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

Currently have a cisco 887VA which supports ADSL technology which is in use atm and is VPN'ing to our Datacentre's ASA's. It's using Dialler 0 for the ADSL/Internet connection of which the CryptoMap is using for the VPN connection and also does split DNS as such, sends all local/domain traffic to VPN and rest of traffic to the Internet.  

We have been forced to connect to the NBN FTTN here in Australia now which uses VDSL technology and the 887VA doesn't support this. The new VDSL connection will have a basic router doing the internet connection from our provider. So what I am hoping is to not have to buy another Cisco Router as we are putting in a new Meraki setup in about 4 months time, with that said is it possible to have the 887VA router connected via one of the FastEthernet Ports to the router with interenet and move the VPN crypto map etc to work on that Port instead of Dialer 0? Essentially remove Dialer 0 that is currently in use for ADSL. 

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Reply 1

hiltonstroud
Level 1
Level 1

On another note, I just had the thought that Instead of trying to use this 887VA router, I Could use the Meraki MX64 I already have and get it to connect to the ASA for the time being. Once we have the new Meraki MX100's in at the Main Office DC on new connections, we could then migrate it over to the Meraki's.  Sorry forgot to mentioned we already had the MX64 for this remote site available to use if need be.