Views
Helpful
Replies

multicast IP 224.0.0.103

saimbt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

our internet goes doem randomly, we installed a sinffer on the network and got to know,around 8 machines sending a lot of multiast packets destined to 224.0.0.103, MDAP uses the said address on port 3235, will it be wise to blindly close the ip address and port on PIX, we are not able to make out what application would be using port 3235.

Sai...

5 Replies 5

aftermath
Level 1
Level 1

It actually depends on what you are using MDAP for!

You can close the port, see how it affects your process's, then make your decision.

I know it sounds hit/miss, but if you can't find where the broadcast is coming from, this is about the only option....

HTH

by any chance you know what application uses MDAP??

Sai...

I was actually wondering what your company does. MDAP can be a number of different things from, ( Major Defense Aquisition Programs ), to Space Expolration appliations, OR, Wireless Electrinoc Access. Which would be my guess in your situation.

I would first check to see about your wireless, if you are running any, and if it relates to MDAP.

HTH

hi,

we checked a affected machine, and it had bluetooth, so i guess Wireless Electronic Access fits in.. will bluetooth be disabled once i disable MDAP 224.0.0.103 port 3235 on PIX?

Sai..

I would think that bluetooth would be multimedia, meaning it should use more than one port. It should also have a default port that is looks for as well.

However, I have not had that much experience with bluetooth itself, so I would check with them.

HTH, sorry I couldn't give you more info regarding bluetooth..