cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

necessary vpn subsystem is not available

sjamison
Level 1
Level 1

Any idea how to fix this? I have uninstalled, reinstalled, googled it and so far none have worked.

Setup: Dell D800 laptop with Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG card. AES encryption to AP. XP SP2.

VPN Client 4.0.5B

2 Replies 2

ddawson
Level 1
Level 1

Sometimes it works to go to the Device Manager and uninstall all the interfaces. When you reboot, Windows will re-discover them, re-initialize them, etc. (you may need the install disks for any interfaces that Windows doesn't have native drivers for). You can then re-install the client software. This has always worked for me but it recently didn't work for a coworker, but I don't know the details of exactly what he tried.

HTH - Good luck!

don.wolf
Level 1
Level 1

During the installation Windows typically pops up a warning indicating the drivers aren't signed. If you don't accept the warning and allow to continue, you will receive that message. It's odd that even if you don't accept the message, the software still appears to install completely.

I don't think you would have done this, but in some cases people have Windows confingured to not allow the installation of any un-signed drivers. This would automatically (I think) suppress the warnings yet continue to install the software.