Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help Site-to-Site VPN between MX67 and Sophos XGS

Hello,
I have a question or two about setting up a site-to-site VPN between a Meriaki MX67 and a Sophos XGS.
So I have already found the point on the Meriaki Cloud page where I can activate the site-to-site VPN. However, there is no button there to manually create the configuration for non-meriaki firewalls so that a site-to-site VPN can then be set up.
I am not familiar with the Meriaki, but is it possible that there is a SuperAdmin user who is only allowed to make such settings or is an extra license required for the structure with non-meriaki FW?
Sorry if I can't express myself well, but I'm from Germany and my English is a bit rusty.

I hope that you can help me a bit here so that I can still get the site-to-site VPN created between the MX67 and the XGS.

Best regards

Hajo

14 Replies 14

Hi @Hans Juergen Guenter 

I am not a Meraki guy but on this doc it says is possible

"

Non-Meraki VPN peers

You can create Site-to-site VPN tunnels between a Security Appliance or a Teleworker Gateway and a Non-Meraki VPN endpoint device under the Non-Meraki VPN peers section on the Security & SD-WAN > Configure > Site-to-site VPN page. Simply click "Add a peer" and enter the following information:"

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-Site_VPN_Settings 

Hi Flavio Miranda ,

there is no "Add a peer" Button. Thats why I ask for my problem. If there where a Button
I could click on it to configure a non-Meraki Fw device.

Are you using TACACS ? Is there any chance you have no privilege?

Good morning Flavio Miranda,

no they don`t use TACACS. Is there perhaps the SuperAdmin and the Admin in the permissions? so that only the SuperAdmin can make these changes?

You do not need an extra license for this. You need to have admin rights on the network with the MX.

It would help if you had posted a screenshot of what you see on the configuration page.

The config starts by enabling Site-to-Site VPNs by choosing either Hub or Spoke:

KarstenIwen_0-1690181276243.png

Then you can add the peers:

KarstenIwen_1-1690181350601.png

The rest is all in the documentation.

That is that what I just see:

Meriaki-VPN.PNG

This looks as you are only a read-only user on this dashboard network. Ask the admin for “full” administration rights.

Hello Karsten Iwen,

are there administrators who only have read rights? I looked at the user administration and it says that we are with our user administrator.

yes, you can have "read-only" or "full" rights.

Hi,

our user is unter the Network Admin and have full rights. Can it be that we have to be Organization Admin?

Yes, Site to Site VPNs are configured organization wide and not “per MX”.

Hello,

thanks for the tip. Now I could set that. The site-to-site tunnel is also available, but unfortunately I can only reach the opposite network in one direction.

Current configuration:

Server HAN => Sophos => Fritzbox => Internet <= Meriaki <= Server BLN

I can ping the server from the server BLN and get a response.
I cannot reach the server BLN from the server HAN and the ping fails.

In the Sophos, however, I see that the ICMP was successfully sent through the tunnel.

Does anyone know where it can be?

Is the Windows Firewall on Server BLN dropping ICMP?

No on the Server BLN ICMP is allowed.