cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need options....

Ray Morehead
Level 1
Level 1

Sooo....we've been having some serious issues with our ISP for a remote location. So I've been tasked with finding alternative solutions for keeping our remote sites from going down. I've been looking at MPLS but I'm not sure thats going to solve all of our problems or guerantee 99.9% uptime.

Currently our remote sites are connected via vpn through our Watchgaurd firewalls or ISA with static ip addresses from windstream.

So my question is:

What various other options are there that does not solely rely on a ISP for network communications. So in the event that the ISP goes down, my remote sites still stay up and are able to reach the shared resources from home base.

Thanks in advance...

(im still learning)

~Ray                     

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ray,

This does not rely on you, relies on the ISP, when you pay for a service they must guarantee that the Internet connection remains up.

MPLS is a nice solution, but again, its stability depends on the ISP.

Any connection over the Internet, is controlled by an ISP, so you need to make sure they comply to what they offer.

Thanks.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful post.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Ray,

This does not rely on you, relies on the ISP, when you pay for a service they must guarantee that the Internet connection remains up.

MPLS is a nice solution, but again, its stability depends on the ISP.

Any connection over the Internet, is controlled by an ISP, so you need to make sure they comply to what they offer.

Thanks.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: