Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Access to internal OpenVPN connection in a VPN Anyconnect connection

Hello together,

i have some trouble with a OpenVPN Connection in our Company Network.

Following conditions: Windows 7, Cisco Any connect v3.x, Siemens Switches (based from cisco), Siemens Software to build up OpenVPN.

In our company network i will connect via a OpenVPN connection to a machine network. Therefore we use a Scalance Siemens device with a Server. This works fine, the OpenVPN connection will be built up without problems.

Now i tried to build up the connection from external, with a VPN connection to my company.

So i am sitting here in Hotel, make my VPN connection to the company network. After the connection is established, i open my OpenVPN connection to the internal OpenVPN Server from Siemens. The OpenVPN is also "CONNECTED", but i have no Access to the Network members in the Class C Network.

The connections works in a Virtual machine, so it seems for me, that the Cisco Any Connect Software blockes the direct connection via OpenVPN.

I built up the connection via Any Connect to the company Network. After that i want also to build up a OpenVPN connection to a machine of our company. In the Basic Win7 Prof with Anyconnect, that will not work, but in a virtual machine without Anyconnect the connection will be there. So i can reach the Network members in the machine Network.

I hope you understand the problem!

Does anybody have a solution for that? I think this is only one button i have to choose or so....

Thanks

Christian

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You are highly unlikely to get two different VPN clients to work in a scenario like this, where one is used to establish an outer connection and another to establish an inner connection.

You really need to get things configured so you only have to use one VPN client when external.

That's right. But sadly i have no other choise, because our company is in a world wide concern and we are limited in changing that VPN Controller. But i think, i have no other chance, to make a meeting with our IT-Services.

But if i use the a virtual machine and build the OpenVPN up out of that machine, it works without any problems. i think something with the routing is not right configured...

But thanks for your fast answer!

Could you get the VPN extended to give you access to that you need?

Alternatively, could you put what you need onto a network accessible by the corporate VPN client?

I don't know if that is possible. The coperate VPN is preconfigured by our IT.

The second VPN connection is also no IPsecVPN, it is a openVPN connection.

And this is build up from a extra Software, called sinema RC Client (from Siemens).

You see in attached files. First the OpenVPN is connected but no ping to machine pc.

The second, SAME tool, is Connected, and i can reach machine...

IT MUST something with Cisco AnyConnect...

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I don't like the chances of this working but you could try this. Start up Cisco AnyConnect on your machine machine. Use a virtulisation tool like VMWare workstation. Configure its network to NAT to the AnyConnect interface for virtual machines. Start up a virtual machine, and then try using your OpenVPN client from there. This may get your virtual machine access.