cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem installing AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.8.02042

dwk1024
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.8.02042 on a Windows 7 device(professional, SP1, 64 bit) and I failed. Our company's Cisco firewall device upgrade on last Friday, so the Cisco VPN also had to upgrade.

If I installed a older version, after I input my account and password, the client will try to upgrade to 4.8.02042 by itself, several minutes laster, I received a error meesage:

Failed to install AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 4.8.02042 with installer error: 安装时发生严重错误 (means critical error occurred during installation) A VPN connection cannot be established.

If I installed 4.8.02042 directly, it will fail with a message like "cisco anyconnect secure client setup ended prematurely because of an error..."

The attachment is installation log, please check that. 

I try to get help from Google and try several methods, they all didn't work.

Beacuse of the 2019-nCoV in China, most people in our company work from home.  A few of them have the problem I mentioned. If their VPN client can not work normally, they also can not work these days. 

Please help me, thank you very much. 

7 Replies 7

petar.marchev
Level 1
Level 1

I get this error message as well, although I couldn't find log files.

This is very unpleasant, if I have to say. In my first attempt I already had an earlier version of AnyConnect installed, and when I tried to connect it said that it needs to update. So what it did was to uninstall the previous version, try to install the new one, rollback, fail with no meaningful message, and leave me with no AnyConnect at all.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that this is a big problem for me too, and am also looking for a solution, thanks

Hi,

Post the log files, as the issue may be different.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

I found the solution.

Run Windows Update, install all necessary / critical updates that can be detected, and then try to install AnyConnect. If that doesn't work, continue to detect and install the update until it can be installed normally. It should be a problem caused by the lack of a patch, but for the time being I am not sure which one it is. 

@dwk1024  thanks for sharing your solution, it did work on my side as well :  )

cheers

Hi dwk1024, Try this guide. check will help to you. http://www.microsolutions.com.lk/cisco-anyconnect-installation-failed-with-prematurely-error/ regards,
Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

This does not work for my computer

arun_sebastian
Level 1
Level 1
  • Go to services and check BFC is running, if it is not running try to start it and try installation. 
  • If BFC restart failed goto run by clicking win + R key and type regedit 
  • Run regedit there goto
  • Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Svchost
  • Double click on SVC host then goto LocalServiceNoNetwork
  • Double click LocalServiceNoNetwork and add "BFE" inside value data
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: