Views
Helpful
Replies

Pushing DHCP options to VPN 3002 Hardware Client

SDWorx_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have a VPN-connection between a remote office (VPN 3002 hardware client) and our main office (VPN 3000 concentrator). At the remote site, we enabled DHCP, but since it is impossible to retrieve DHCP options like DNS and default gateway from the 3002, we have to push those options from the 3000 concentrator to the clients behind the 3002. Now, I found where to configure the DNS (and WINS) settings to be pushed to the clients, but I was unable to find where to configure the default gateway. Could anyone help me out? It is quite strange that you can configure the DNS-settings in the group-setup but not the default gateway...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jan

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

DHCP Options are facilities that allow the VPN 3002 DHCP server to respond to with configurable parameters for specific kinds of devices such as PCs, IP telephones, print servers, etc, as well as an ip address. For more information on configuring DHCP options refer to the following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2286/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00802f192b.html#xtocid17