Views
Helpful
Replies

remote access vpn config problem on 506E

ramachandra.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Remote access vpn configuration is done on the pix 506E. I am got the ip address 172.16.1.1 the pool defined in the configuration, the gateway showing as 172.16.1.1..I cannot able to telnet and access anything inside. I am attaching the config.Please help me to resolve the same, this is very urgent.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ram

5 Replies 5

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

apply the command "isakmp nat-traversal 20"

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Please let me know any config error was there. Now we are facing another problem, mails are not accessable from the outside through web.Please help me to resolve the same.

Regards,

Ram

Hi,

I still facing a probelm. I cannot able to do the telnet from inside after coming to the inside with the pool.Please help me to resolve the same.

This very urgent. Please help me.

regards,

Ram

On your 506, in config mode do: management-access inside, now you'll need to allow telnet access for your ip pool, i.e.

In config mode: telnet 172.x.x.0 255.255.255.0 inside

Now if you connect you using your vpn clinet to the pix, you should be able to ping the inside interface of the pix plus also telnet to the pix on the inside interface.

PS. Also add: isakmp nat-traversal (in config mode) and save all with: write mem

Hope this helps,

Jay

Hi,

Thanks alot for your help. It is perfectly working fine.

Regards,

Ram