Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Access VPN Termination

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Inetrnet is terminating on my internet router having public ip. Inetrnet Rouetr is connecting with FWSM which is on private ip. Internet Router doesn't support crypto (we can't upgrade the iOS also because of some issues).

My question is: can i configure VPN in my FWSM & do some thing on the Internte Router?

Kindly suggest.

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

acharyr123 wrote:

Hi,

Inetrnet is terminating on my internet router having public ip. Inetrnet Rouetr is connecting with FWSM which is on private ip. Internet Router doesn't support crypto (we can't upgrade the iOS also because of some issues).

My question is: can i configure VPN in my FWSM & do some thing on the Internte Router?

Kindly suggest.

The FWSM does not support remote access VPN termination, it is a firewall only.

Jon

I believe I can do it on FWSM. It's accepting all the crypto commands.

Rgds,

Partha

Partha,

As Jon mentioned, the FWSM is only a Firewall and not a VPN endpoint.

Are you sure you're entering the crypto commands in the FWSM module?

Federico.

Yes. I can configure all crypto commands in FWSM.

The reason you can enter the commands is because you can use a vpn to manage the FWSM itself however you cannot use the FWSM to terminate VPNs for data traffic from users.

Jon

Jon and Federico are absolutely correct. You can only terminate VPN on FWSM to manage the FWSM itself. If you need to terminate VPN on CAT6500 for data traffic, you would need to have VPN SPA (SPA-IPSEC-2G) module.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: