Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove AnyConnect

PawelWojcik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have anyconnect-linux64-4.10.06090 installed on Ubunut. After an upgrade to version 23.10, I lost the ability to connect to my school's vpn. I keep getting the error 'You are missing the required libraries for the method you requested'. I would appreciate any help on how to get it to work again.

Thank you

Pawel Wojcik

4 Replies 4

PawelWojcik
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a log

~ $ /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui

(com.cisco.anyconnect.gui:11663): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:39:35.173: gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(com.cisco.anyconnect.gui:11663): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:39:35.306: gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/acwebhelper: error while loading shared libraries: libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

(com.cisco.anyconnect.gui:11663): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:39:36.890: gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

PawelWojcik
Level 1
Level 1

Well, silly me. I did

sudo apt install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37

and it works now.

Thanks

Keep in mind you could hit a known Webkit issue in 2.42.1 that causes some SAML uses cases to fail.  

https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=262777

Thanks for this insight.

I have already posted a solution that I have found, but it seems like it was marked as spam so its invisible. Basically it was enough to read the log:

<!-- It's not xml but I guess that's the best I can do 
~ $ /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui
(com.cisco.anyconnect.gui:11663): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:39:35.173: gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
(com.cisco.anyconnect.gui:11663): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:39:35.306: gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/acwebhelper: error while loading shared libraries: libwebkit2gtk-4.0.so.37: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
(com.cisco.anyconnect.gui:11663): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 10:39:36.890: gtk_widget_get_scale_factor: assertion 'GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed -->

And after that I saw that I needed to install the library with in my case was

sudo apt install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37

Thanks