Helpful
Replies

Renew Certificate on FTD Managed by FMC

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

I have a certificate that is expiring next week.  I following this article:

Install and Renew Certificates on FTD Managed by FMC - Cisco

for a Manual renewal.  I got the CSR and the new certificate, but before I was able to import it into the FMC GUI it timed.  Now when I go into the FMC GUI and go to Device --> Certificates I see the error "old certificate available, re-enroll is in progress. manual refresh required".  It appears to be a clickable link, but nothing happens when I click it.  I can try to regenerate another CSR and start the process all over again, but wondering if there is a way to get this corrected w/o doing that.  I don't see an option like I'd see in an ASA to get the certificate imported to match the CSR. 

16 Replies 16

Thanks for that.  Is there a way to get the private key from the FMC/FTD?  If not I can just create a CSR and private key using OpenSSL and get a new cert issued and then create a pkcs12 file.

Thanks for the help on this one.  The first time I tried adding the pkcs12 file to the FTD it failed (added it under Objects --> PKI first, then under Devices --> Certificates), but when I went directly to Devices --> Certificates and then added it directly it went through and I was able to confirm it's being presented properly in a browser.