cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement of VPN package 3.1.0.7021-k9.pkg

Ve Con
Level 1
Level 1

Today I have problem connecting to the VPN with AnnyConnect and the error I got is below:

The annyconnect package on the secure gateway could not be located.  You may be experiencing network connectivity issues.  Please try connecting again

I searched and it pointed me to missing or corrupted VPN package.

#show run webvpn

Doesn't show anny "anyconnect ..." line with defined package

#show flash

listed this "anyconnect-win-3.1.07021-k9.pkg "

However, from ASDM, disk0 doesn't contain or show any of anyconnect pkg like with "show flash"

I tried to enter the config mode, load the anyconnect-win-3.1.07021-k9.pkg anyway and it says the image does not exist

This shows that anyconnect 3.1 is already retired and cannot download anywhere

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asa-vpn-compatibility.html#id_64186

If i cannot use anyconnect 3.1 package like how i used before (without problem) and have to use anyconnect 4.1, which version and which .pkg exactly that I should download from here (if this link is correct)?

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281283/type/282364313/release/4.6.03049

If I use anyconnect 4.1 image on the ASA, does developer has to upgrade their AnyConnect Client to 4.1 family too? Does the client v3.1.12020 work with anyconnect 4.1 image?

Please help ..

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you have a license and entitlement to download the latest Anyconnect image (pkg) file, you should use that.

Once you have it on the ASA and the webvpn configuration references it, any remote access VPN clients connecting will be automatically updated when they connect the next time.

Hi Marvin,

I do have license and entitlement to download.

I went ahead and try to download "anyconnect-win-4.6.03049-webdeploy-k9.pkg" and uploaded it via ASDM

It fixed the problem.  It does force the anyconnect client to update when I entered my username and password.

I just don't know how it happened all of sudden without changing anything on VPN wise.

1) all of sudden the  3.1.0.7021-k9.pkg disappeared

2) ASDM doesn't show that package on disk0

3) show flash displays the  3.1.0.7021-k9.pkg but when try to load it with webvnp, it says the image doesn't exist

Any idea how this happened? I have no clue and wonder if there anything I can better watch to prevent the same problem happen again.

As your ASA standalone or is there an HA pair?

My ASA is HA pair (primary/active and secondary/standby)
I just did a hardware replacement for the secondary/standby and did the reconfigure with cisco TAC engineer to get the replacement up to the same level with the primary/active box.

You may have overlooked making sure that the pkg files are present on both appliances.

When you update or add them you have to do the file operation separately as the images don't synchronize like the config does.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: