cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RVS4000 Setup. Should be easier than this?

edhamilton23
Level 1
Level 1

I'm missing the point here.  Once configured I cannot see out to the internet nor see the VPN from the internet.

I have a RVS4000 router connected through a Qwest DSL modem.  The DSL modem is set to transparent bridging.  The account has a static IP.   A single PC connected straight to the QWest modem can see the internet.

I've gone into the VPN and set the internet connection to static IP.  I've entered the IP, Subnet, Gates and DNSs.  Once rebooted the VPN identifies the internal and external IP addresses.  The machines behind the VPN, all using DHCP, pick up their internal IPs.

The problem, as mentioned, is I cannot see out to the internet from any of these machines, nor can I see in via Cisco's secure QuickVPN client(I've configured users in the VPN screen).

I'm guessing I'm missing something pretty basic?

Thanks for your input.

1 Reply 1

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ed,

since this question is about a product in the Cisco Small Business / Linksys range, I suggest you move it to the community, where you will have a better chance of getting expert advice.

best regards,

Herbert
Cisco Moderator

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: