Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site VPN Failover - Firepower 1140 FDM SW: 7.3.1

M.S.88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have configured Policy Based Site-to-Site VPN from from local network and outside (ISP1) interface to remote network, and it's working. I have configured Access COntrol and NAT policy, everything is working fine, but..

When ISP1 is down traffic is switched to ISP2, it's based on IP SLA, but tunnel not encrypt traffic.

in tunnel configuration i have selected two outside interfaces ISP1 and ISP2

marekszyc88_0-1705484629730.png

SLA and failover are working fine, when isp1 is down routing table is changing but tunnel doesn't reconnects, even when i manually clear session. Remote site is configured as dynamic (huawei)

Do you have any experience with this configuration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M.S.88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

thanks for questions and your time.
I tested it in the virtual environment and everything is working fine, when sla is down traffic is switched to ISP2 and tunnel works fine, so problem is not at configuration FDM but on remote side

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

as I see you use static not dynamic for remote site ?

For firepower remote site is configured as static (remote network has one ip address behind BGP)
remote site is configured as dynamic to allow tunnels from more then 1 ip

quick scheme:

marekszyc88_1-1705487765727.png

Did you add ISP2 outside interface as backup in fdm vpn ?

MHM

yes, fdm looks like below:

marekszyc88_0-1705489236506.png

tvotna
Spotlight
Spotlight

This should work. Running config from FTD (or at least "show run crypto" + "show run nat") would be more helpful than a picture from FDM to begin with.

NAT policy <<- are you add NO-NAT 
from INside Zone to OUTside1 Zone
froom INside Zone to OUTside2 Zone 

MHM

Villager
Level 1
Level 1

i met like as issue with Azure. you want to get two tunnel active and standby, destination side is one side, or two side ? tunnel remote network is same subnet ? 

I ask him he confirm that Hawaii use dynamic 
also the FTD not encrypt  

so the traffic in FTD never hit the ACL 
MHM

M.S.88
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

thanks for questions and your time.
I tested it in the virtual environment and everything is working fine, when sla is down traffic is switched to ISP2 and tunnel works fine, so problem is not at configuration FDM but on remote side

Thanks for update us

Glad issue is solved 

Have A nice day 

MHM