cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site TO Site [WRVS4400N]

Hotman2009
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys seem to be having some trouble and really don't understand why. Let me break this down so you can try and follow. I have 2 WRVS4400N routers. One version 1.1 the other version 2.

I have successfully setup and Site to Site VPN. But here is where the problem comes into play. When I PING {Location 1 -> Location 2} The computers communicate fine. When I PING {Location 2 -> Location 1} The PING fails. This happens only with computers. I am able to PING a printer at Location 1 without a problem. But when i try to PING any computer i get and error (PING Fails). Anyone have any ideas to what the problem could be. Also the routers are directly connected to the modem.

Thanks,

-Andrew

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lginod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrew,

Please check if firewall is turned on in the pc from where u r not able to ping.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lginod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrew,

Please check if firewall is turned on in the pc from where u r not able to ping.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks so much. It seems that after disabling the firewall on the one computer it would PING without a problem, so i will have to add an exception into the firewall.  I would have normally done this check myself but an External Company was checking the configuration of these computers to the main server and i guess they never tried disabling the firewall and making sure it wasn't that. Thanks for your quick answer.

Also have one other question.

I have also setup a Username and Password for myself so that I can login to the network via VPN [Externally]. My question is can i use Windows 7 VPN connection to connect to this router. When i try it seems to fail but i haven't really messed with all the settings yet. Or do i have to use just the Quick VPN client or another VPN client?

Thanks,

-Andrew

Hi,

So do you want to make a PPTP connection ?

do you have authentication configured for the same on the headend device?

Regards,

Anisha

- do rate helpful posts

I am guessing that the only way to connect from windows 7 (without the quickvpn program) is to setup a PPTP connection the router. So then yes I am looking to setup a PPTP connection on this router. Would you be able to point me in the direction to do this, or does this router not have this ability.

-Andrew

Hi,

Here is the link to configure PPTP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801e51e2.shtml

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Anisha

- do rate helpful posts