cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow NT Domain login over VPN 3002 HW client or 501 VPN to 3030

rkirker
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a 3002 HW client or a 501 PIX with easy vpn client. They both terminate to a 3030 running 3.6.1.

It can take up to 15 minutes to login over the tunnel to the doamin. I have a 400KB DSL and 3 full T1's at the head end.

I can ping the DC and other devices in the head end network with out any problem.

we are not pushing down any profiles and the login scripts are not that large.

Anyone have an Idea as to why it is taking 15 minutes to log into the domain over 3002 or Easy VPN setup ?

5 Replies 5

rkirker
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trouble shooting with a 3005 and the domain login seamed to perform as expected when I updated the 3005 code to 4.1.2 I will upgrade 3030 to same version from 3.6.1 and see if that works will update post if it fixes issue.

Any luck with this? I'm having a similar problem - I have a cisco 831 connected via EZVPN to a 3060 concentrator. The 831 is serving DHCP to locally connected clients (WinXP Pro). Most PC's can log in fine - but 2 in particular (Im sure i'd find more if I keep looking) will be very SLOW on login.. No roaming profiles, no big login scripts... If I log in as local administrator, I can ping the domain controllers by name and IP (so DNS is working). If I try to log into the network with a domain account, the PC will sit at "Applyign your personal settings" for what seems to be an endless amount of time (don't recall that I've endured it yet) - with very little network traffic apparent on the 831. The notebook connected to the Local LAN (versus the VPN) works fine - speed is normal. I'm scratching my head on this - not sure where to go from here. Anybody have this problem or suggestions?

are you running active directory group policies?

Yes - and I've suspected this to be involved - but why only affect one or two computers when the others work. I'd expect it to be an all or nothing. Any suggestions you can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

how many different policies in total apply to those machines? do all at the site have the same number applying? how about user policies - do some users have more policies apply than others?

you can also look at cranking up gpo processing logging.