cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 Link with WIC 1T and T1 DSU

cgunaratna
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to have a T1 connection , one end has 1720 with WIC 1T Module whereas the other equiped with 1841 and WIC 1DSU-T1 v2 module, under that service-module t1 valueshave been cfgd,

Therefore on the 1821 I can use the follwing command

service-module t1 remote-loopback {full | payload v54} to activate loopback

My question is how I am going to check on the other end

Thank you for your help

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello!

I'm glad that my advice was helpful. Please rate my post if it did.

Regarding the other details I will write a message to your personal e-mail.

Cheers,

Calin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Calin C.
Level 5
Level 5

Hello!

For us the provider of the line is testing with a hard loop on their edge of the network. Another solution was that we had a soft loop on our end (c2821) under controller e1 x/x/x with "loopback local line" towards the remote destination, and on the remote destination "show int serial x/x/x:x" showed looped.

What do you want to test actually? If the controllers are UP on both end then you have connectivity there.

Cheers,

Calin

Hi Calin,

Thanks, I want to run a test to check for errors on the link, So I presume as you say

1) Can give loop back on the T1 side as you suggest,

Then I may be able to see the loop on the other side by "sh int serial" Can I run a test loop from this serial end???

Appreciate your comment

Hello!

The idea is like this. You give a soft loop on one end and and when you do "show interface serial x" on the other end you will see in the brackets the word looped.

So, as an example, under controller T1 configuration in your c2821 you issue "loopback local line" and in the opposite end when you issue "show interface serial x" look after the word looped.Of course than you can do the test viceversa.

I don't know the topology but be aware that when you issue a soft loop on the line, you break the connection. So, if you reach the remote end over this T1 lines, that you will lose your connection.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Calin

Hi Callin,

Thanks, You have clarified the thing, I wanted to know whether I can perform testing ,

its ok I loose connectivity to the user equipment, because will be a test scenario before implementation

Appreciate your time and knowledge transfer

I wish to know from where are you,

my personnel email is chandragunaratna@yahoo.com

Thanks Again

Hello!

I'm glad that my advice was helpful. Please rate my post if it did.

Regarding the other details I will write a message to your personal e-mail.

Cheers,

Calin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: