cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACs servers in different locations

smith606306
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to have a switch/ router configured for  a 2 x Tacacs servers in  different locations. They are not clustered, they are on the same network, but different domains and in different countries and use different login credentials   

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can configure multiple ACS in your switches and routers. It doesn't matter where these servers are located as long they are reachable by the AAA-client. If both servers work with different credentials I would configure them with different prompts so that the admin can see which server is asked.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

View solution in original post

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Andrew,

You can use multiple AAA servers configured for your router/switches for authentication. But i guess your auth key should be same for all the aaa host with respect to the device entry. If aaa server is reachable and matching enrty and authorized user entry available it will work.

Please do rate if the given information helps

By

Karthik

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

You can configure multiple ACS in your switches and routers. It doesn't matter where these servers are located as long they are reachable by the AAA-client. If both servers work with different credentials I would configure them with different prompts so that the admin can see which server is asked.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Andrew,

You can use multiple AAA servers configured for your router/switches for authentication. But i guess your auth key should be same for all the aaa host with respect to the device entry. If aaa server is reachable and matching enrty and authorized user entry available it will work.

Please do rate if the given information helps

By

Karthik