cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The VPN Service is not available. Exiting.

Hi all,

I saw many posts here with this error, but I can´t solve it.  Even if my service "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent" is started, the error persists.  

I´d already reinstall with reboot and nothing seems to solve the problem. 

Any other tip?

Regards,

Rodrigo 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

in the FW of Win open the port 443 for SSL.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

• Press Win+R (Windows key and R) to access Run dialog in Windows.
  • Select “services.msc”, and then select “Service Manager”.
  • The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Agent can be found in Services Manager.
  • Set “Automatic” as the starting type in the right hand properties. Then hit “Apply” and click “OK”.

You need to solve this issue from Client OS, above for Win hope this help you.

Hi,

The service is already set to Automatic and Started.

This didn´t work.

Regards,

Rodrigo

what is OS of client ?

Windows 10 Pro.

It worked until a few weeks ago. It stopped working giving this error suddenly.

Regards,

Rodrigo

in the FW of Win open the port 443 for SSL.

Great!

I disabled my windows firewall e it works fine now.

Thank you,

Rodrigo

I am having the same issue.  The major difference is I'm running MacOS (v13.5).  
I've shut down the firewall.  I've added the app to the firewall.  I've added the app to accessibility.  I have tried different networks and network types.  Nothing has helped.

image.png

Uninstall / Install fixed the issue.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please verify that no other 3rd party software is blocking the AnyConnect app from running.  I have seen this before and it was due to McAfee blocking it.  I would start with verifying what changes have been made to the client around the time it stopped working and go from there.

VarianSteel
Level 1
Level 1

This happened to me every time my Windows system got updated. My solution is to uninstall everything about Cisco AnyConnect, and then re-install it. It works just fine so far.