Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to edit cisco anyconnect connection

Screenshot 2023-01-18 185226.png

Hi team after connecting to a client DNS mentioned above, After this I am unable to connect to any other client DNS.

Basically the major issue is I am unable to edit the DNS text-input bar. Please suggest any solution's regarding this issue.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the profile is fixed and you do not have rights you will be not able to edit. (this will be managed by your IT)

check below profile :

if you have rights you can check below file

C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Local\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\preferences.xml 

Hi team after connecting to a client DNS mentioned above, After this I am unable to connect to any other client DNS

Do you mean after connecting VPN, you are able to connect any Internet site like google ? (that will be policy of corporate where you connecting ? or clarify ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your VPN profile installed in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile needs to have the below value set to "true".  This profile is controlled by the Admin of the headend you connected to.

<AllowManualHostInput>true</AllowManualHostInput>

This is very help full to me, Thanks

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @stsargen noted, "This profile is controlled by the Admin of the headend you connected to." If they have chosen to restrict this ability the only thing you can do is to manually delete the (hidden folder) profile and restart AnyConnect. Any time you log back in to the headend you shared, the profile will reset to restricting your access to that headend only.