cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User cannot access network drives.

hbkhelpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

Using Anyconnect 2.5 and ASA 5510. When a user connects to the VPN, the DNS settigs change from "Append Primary" suffixes to "Append these suffixes." (See below)

The PublicDomain.com suffix is listed as the default domain in the Group Policy. The problem I am having is that one particular user cannot see network drives. If I ping the server the drives are mapped to, I get a public a IP address. If I ping server.OfficeComputerDomain.com I get the correct internal IP address. Hence, if I manually change the order and put OfficeComputerDomain.com first, the user can access the network drives with no problem. Can I configure the VPN profile to list OfficeComputerDomain.com first or can I just change the default domain in the group policy to my internal domain name?

Thanks,

AdvTCPIP.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you can change both in the related group-policy configuration.

group-policy attributes
default-domain value OfficeComputerDomain.com
split-dns value OfficeComputerDomain.com PublicDomain.com UserHomeDomain.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

Yes, you can change both in the related group-policy configuration.

group-policy attributes
default-domain value OfficeComputerDomain.com
split-dns value OfficeComputerDomain.com PublicDomain.com UserHomeDomain.com

Sorry for the duplicate answer, hadn't seen your reply.

hdashnau
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can configure the group-policy to point to your internal domain name and use your internal dns server. You might also want to add some split-dns suffixes indicating that you want to send the DNS requests for these domains to the dns-server thats learned from the tunnel.

group-policy attributes

dns-server value

default-domain value

split-dns value

-heather

**Please remember to rate posts and mark them as resolved if your question is answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: