Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3030 - Load balancing problem

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi all,

I had implemented load balancing on VPN 3030. There had been some issues on this. Firstly, the secondary 3030 has more RAM (512) than the primary (128). The secondary was just purchased one month back with 512 M RAM and latest OS 4.1.7.

1) normal VPN clients land get redirected to the secondary concentrator, after LB enabled. there are more than 10-15 connections which landed on the secondary and none landed on the primary. I understand that this is due to the master maintaining less connections.. is this right ? but why arent there any connections on the master ?

2) Web VPN didnt work out that well with load balancing enabled. https to the virtual IP doesnt work. when tried with the physical IPs seperately it works, but not with the virtual IP. port 443 does not open with the virtual IP. why is this ? should i configure something else for this ?

I also noted that once you enable load balancing, the redirection takes place directly on the physical IPs, which means the end users will know the physical IPs and directly connect if they need. why is this ?? can somebody throw light on this ?

Raj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

To answer one of your questions, I think primary will take connections only when the secondary has certain number of minimum connections...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

To answer one of your questions, I think primary will take connections only when the secondary has certain number of minimum connections...

Hi.. i have opened a tac for the same and got the solution. thanks all for the support..

Raj