Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN access to external server

josky.jara
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question, is related about VPN access,

I need to connect to a remote VPN server, so I installed the VPN client program on my pc...

I was reading technical docs, about it, but it's a bit confusing for me.. now that I can load the PDM, it have a VPN wizard

this wizard have 2 choices:

Site-to-Site

Remote Access

and I don't have idea what I must to choose. Could you someone guide me?

Regards

5 Replies 5

mpalardy
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

What you want to do with a VPN-client is called "remote access".

The other option "site to site" is required when a tunnel is established between 2 VPN-server's (or 2 pix's)

You'll find ASDM configuration example (for VPN-client) under this link

http://cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6120/products_getting_started_guide_chapter09186a00805e2927.html

And how to do it with CLI

http://cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a008046f307.shtml

HTH

Mike

to be more easy is like this...

I can connect:

from my internal network to a external network (using the vpn cisco client program)

Not from a external network to my internal network

wferrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Im sorry to hear of your problems but respectfully the equipment tht you have and the rescources that it supports are way to valuable to tinker with.

You have to solicit a professional . And this site is not a training site but a site for professionals.

Again your investments are just too valuable to try to learn on the fly and Cisco never warranted this stuff to be plug and play

Will

William,

This forum is for anyone that has questions about configuring there equipment.

Yes it may be called net pro but that means you come here to get questions answered by the professionals.

Don't be a jerk.

Patrick

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Josky,

Site-to-site means that you are using your pix to setup a permanent vpn connection to another vpn devices IE to another PIX or Concentrator or Router.

Remote Access means that you want to setup your PIX for remote access so that you can use the vpn client to connect back into your network from anywhere.

If you need more help just let me know.

Patrick

HTH please rate any posts that were helpful.