cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN and AOL 7.0

hinesd
Level 1
Level 1

I have acouple of users attempting to use our VPN.

VPN is 3030 with v3.1

Client is runnig AOL Ver 7 and after authenticating successfully, they get disconnected. Not just from VPN, but also from the Internet. Anyone using v7 already? any ideas?.......Thanks

2 Replies 2

nkorosi
Level 1
Level 1

I've had the same problems with AOL 7. In AOL 7 they are using the Microsoft VPN Adapter (rather than the AOL Adapter) to connect the their network and connecting to a different subnet. I believe they may be blocking some IPSec traffic, but I'm not sure. If I connect to a PIX using DES & MD5 everything is okay. Anything else (3DES - 3000 Concentrator) and AOL disconnects you. My suggestions it to stay on AOL 6 as long as you can. I've called AOL, but good luck getting in touch with anybody who cares or even knows anything. They won't even forward my case to a more advanced level of support. How we let AOL know there's a problem is beyond me....

timpotter
Level 1
Level 1

I can't specifically offer any ideas, but I've seen numerous versions of AOL wreck havoc on network conectivity. My rule of thumb when it comes to network connectivity is AOL=BAD. We don't allow it anymore in our company because they are just too many non-coincidental problems associated with it... I'll bet your problem would go away if AOL did :)