cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to configure a VPN 3000 to connect with a VPN 3001. My problem lies in that I would like to connect the two in Network extension mode and use the same subnet on each private interface. I am wondering if this can be done. I would have 172....

isteam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,we are using an AS5300 with TACACS+ for RAS. We assign users addresses with a defined pool and works fine. The problem is that we want to define certain local users so that they get a fixed IP (out of the pool defined). I select the "Give a spe...

Cisco documentation shows the Concentrator sitting on the Internet side going around the Firewall and then connecting directly into the private network.Is this a sound approach? Of course our Security person thinks it should go through two(2) firewal...

jonlsmith by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to establish an IPSEC VPN between a PIX 515 and VPN client 3.1.I am using windows 2000 and VPN client 3.1 to establish an IPSEC VPN.The client is able to connect to the server (PIX) but I cannot access the local LAN.I enabled the Acces...

javedmma by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've tested a VPN client on a Windows95 laptop, and the performance was NOT excellent via phone line in comparison with a normal RAS without VPN. Uploading a 75k file via a classical RAS showed a global transfer of 80k and the same file via VPN on...

I just installed SBC DSL (Ameritech). My university has VPN 5000 and I installed the client. I configured everything according to instructions and apparently can establish a tunnel. However, when I tried to browse anything, the whole thing just ha...

choyue by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using Radius authentication with a VPN 3000 concentrator. I need to have my passwords expire and would like the users to be able to change it when they login throught the VPN device. Is this possible and has anyone done it before?Thanks for th...

(Note: This message was posted as part of the "Ask the Expert" Event on IOS Feature Navigator that took place September 24 to October 5. Feel free to respond to or form discussions around this question)tgonzales - DATA NETWORK ENGINEER, ULLICO We are...

I subscribe to several of the Discussion Forums here and find the information priceless. I see different strings about VPN but using either routers, PIXs or VPN Concentrators to do it. What's the more secure way of doing VPN? For my environment I ...

I have a VPN concentrator 3005 and vclient 3.0.3b. When i'm logged into the concentrator i'm not able to see anything in the network neiborhood except for my machine. Is there anyway to fix this??

cwferris by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings, I have been trying to setup a perimter router with limited success connecting with Bellsouth's DSL service. I'm using a cisco 1720 router with C1700 Software (C1700-NO3SY7-M), Version 12.2(2)XQ1, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1). ...

I have the 3000 working with the VPN client. However, I am having trouble getting a L2TP/IPEC tunnel working from W2K. Our goal is to route through a W2K box with other computers at our remote site. We are getting no response from the 3000 and wou...

troy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes