cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client auto re-connect

philhess1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I am using VPN client Version 4.0.5 to connect to a VPN concentrator 3000 series. I have users using VoIP from their homes and sometimes they will lose network connection which brings down their VPN and IP phone. This can happen when they are away from their desk and someone here at the office tries to call them and its dead because they lost connection. Is there any way to setup an auto re-connect in the event that their main network/internet connection is lost the VPN client will automatically reconnect as soon as their internet connection is back up? I appreciate any help on this issue. Thank you.

2 Replies 2

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello Phil,

Yes.. i think it is possible to auto initiate the VPN connection.. you have to add the following on the vpnclient.ini file:

AutoInitiationEnable=1

AutoInitiationRetryInterval=3

and then give the network which will auto initiate the connection..

Refer to this URL and let us know if it works !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802d3aaf.html

All the best !!

Thank you very much for the reply, I have seen this before but wasnt sure if this was the best method for what I was trying to accomplish. I have my ini setup and verified auto initiate is enabled through the command prompt. I am using a verizon wireless card to connect to the internet, but my VPN never auto connects. Im not sure what IP address I should have in the ini file. My internal IP range is 10.10.1.0 and when a client VPN's into the network they are assigned 10.10.10.0 range. If someone could give me a good explanation of what IP to put in the ini file that would really help. Thank you, I appreciate it.