cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client Connection Issue

cnie
Level 1
Level 1

We are using VPN Client 4.02(d) and VPN3000 4.1. The VPN client connects fine, and can ping the devices that are on the same network as the VPN3000, but does not have connectivity beyond that. However, all the routes are put into the relevant routers, and from VPN3000 itself, I can ping anywhere on the inside network. A route print on the client also seems correct---it shows for 10.x.x.x (my inside network) to go to 10.a.a.a (the address of VPN Client). Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Connie

4 Replies 4

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Could be an issue with the configuration on the concentrator. The following page has sample configurations. Might be of some help.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Hardware:Cisco_VPN_3000_Concentrator&viewall=true

Can you give me your thoughts on which part of the configuration on 3000 could have caused this? Only thing I can think of is routes on the VPN 3000 and on the internal router, yet we have verified that many times. We also have no problem ping anywhere from the 3000 itself.

Thank you.

Connie

Someone at one end, either your remote VPN clients or the remote network hosts, doesn't know about the other or how to get there.

Al

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

The client really should only have a default route back to the concentrator. The concentrator should be more responsible for routing packets. If the only route a client has is for 10.x.x.x, then the only things it could likely talk to are devices in that subnet