Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN CLIENT incompatibility with Windows Remote Desktop

Guilherme1984
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone.

I installed the VPN Client Version 5.0.04.0300 for working remotely on my home during the times when I have to perform duty in support of my company. I need access viaremote desktop to my windows machine that sits in the office. But when I try to accesscan not accomplish. I need very urgent help to find out if there are any specific configuration that has to do on my machine here at home or work machine. Anotherimportant point is that using other software VPN I can access my work machine viaremote desktop smoothly.

need urgent help for this issue!

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing special really as long as the access is allowed on the VPN configuration.

Can you please share the VPN server configuration and also the ip address of your RDP server?

Are you able to ping your RDP server from the VPN?

Hi Jennifer, I am unable to ping the destination you want to access, but to use the Remote Desktop can not connect. There are other possibilities to be done in order to circumvent this problem?

Not really from the VPN Client point of view as all configuration is pushed from the VPN server, and the client is just taking that the server is pushing through.

I would start with the VPN server configuration.