cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN concentrator to PIX----Need to Nat the far side

joe.oranday
Level 1
Level 1

I own the concentrator, but have no control over the far side PIX. I realize the PIX can NAT, but I would prefer to use the concentrator so that I can NAT the far side network.

I was hoping the NAT Lan-to-Lan rules would work with incoming traffic, but it doesnt seem to assign translations. I know that the PIX allows you to NAT remote addresses, but can this be done on the concentrator?

thanks

joe

2 Replies 2

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Joe,

Yeah,, you can do a LAN to LAN NAT translation on the VPN concentrator.. You can translate the ip addresses on the VPN box and send it to the remote end.. You can have a look at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a00800ef7ad.shtml#veri

Just see the second configuration of the VPN 3000.. it talks about LAN-to-LAN NAT rule..

is this the one you were looking for ?

Raj

thanks Raj, but that doesn't solve my problem. you see, in my scenerio, I don't control the far side VPN connection (a PIX). so I need my concentrator to NAT for both sides.

In the example in the article you posted, I would have LAN 2 come in using it's non-natted address of 14.38.100.x and what I want to see happen is to have the LAN 1 concentrator NAT that address into an address range that I choose like a 10.x.x.x network.

thanks

joe