Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Sign in

nlemoie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

My company uses Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for secure VPN access in remote work.  I recently received a new computer from the company but when I type in the Domain name that was used for my login on the old computer I receive this message: "The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution".

I'm hoping someone can help me out in getting this VPN login set up again. 

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

assume you are using windows here 

This error message is a representation of a problem occurring due to the wrong public DNS or settings. You can fix the VPN unsuccessful domain name resolution issue by switch back to the original DNS given by your ISP. In case your ISP has not provided a separate DNS setting, you can choose the Obtain DNS server address automatically option (or define custom 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4)

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Each OS have different way to use dns,

i think you have tunnel all and old was win and new is Mac?

assume you are using windows here 

This error message is a representation of a problem occurring due to the wrong public DNS or settings. You can fix the VPN unsuccessful domain name resolution issue by switch back to the original DNS given by your ISP. In case your ISP has not provided a separate DNS setting, you can choose the Obtain DNS server address automatically option (or define custom 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4)

please do not forget to rate.