Views
Helpful
Replies

Wacky ASA VPN Access Problem

nomanbari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I am currenty facing a situation and I am in real need for advice....

The situation is that though ASA is allowing my remote branches to access my inside network and its allowing inside folks to visit Internet, its not allowing VPN access from remote VPN client....V R using Cisco's VPN client ver. 4.6....

Please see a basic network layout that illustrates our network and the ASA's configuration....

Any advice to resolve this will be greatly appreciated....

Regards,

Noman Bari

16 Replies 16

Hi,

I need your help in figuring out an issue. Please see the attached configuration and syslog output.

Situation is that the ASA is able to authenticate the VPN client successfully. When the connection is made the machine on which VPN client is running, it isn't able to access any share from ASA's inside network.

The VPN client successfully receives the IP address and there is no problem at the time of authentication. Once the connection is made and when I try to access the vpn client machine's shared folder from my machine in the inside network then I am able to access it but same is not happening from VPN client machine to my machine.

Please see the basic schematic:-

Mymachine--(inside)-ASA-(outside)-InternetRouter--VPNClient

Any help in pointing out what I am missing will be greatly appreciated...

Bye

Hi,

I worked a bit more on it and some how figured out the missing link...I am sharing this here so that in future it might be useful for someone in the similar situation...I added this command..

access-list Inside_nat0_outbound extended permit ip 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 any

Bye