cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why can I VPN into my corporate network successfully from certain internet connections, but have issues on others

savio00011
Level 1
Level 1

I know that the CIsco VPN client is no longer supported, but if someone could explain possible reasons for my situation, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

I've set up remote access IPSEc VPN using the ASDM, and it works perfectly for people on certain internet connections. But on a few other connections, it doesn't fully work. I can get connected, and I get IP addresses automatically assigned, but I cannot reach anything on my internal LAN. I've tried connecting my laptop to two different internet lines, from two different providers, and it works perfectly on one of them, but on the other it connects, gets an IP address but I cannot proceed with connecting to any machines on the internal LAN. Pinging them doesn't help either. There are no restrictions on either internet connection as far as I can tell.

Has anyone here come across a similar situation? Did you manage to fix it? Is this an ISP related issue?

1 Reply 1

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Could be a number of issues at the location you are connecting from. Are you using ipsec/tcp or ipsec/udp? Try using one or the other as a test. If your vpn head-end is an ASA, you could enable ssl vpn and test that.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**