Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 8 - AnyConnect 3.0.2052 - Connection Issues

Hello,

I have connection issues with AnyConnect 3.0.2052 on Windows 8.

I have a brand new Samsung Ativ Ultrabook here running Windows 8 Professional.

The same AnyConnect client version runs fine on Windows 7, but I can't get it working on the Samsung with Win 8.

After clicking Connect in the client and typing in the username and pw I see the welcome message and accept it, then I get the message

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway. Please try connecting again.

After clicking OK it shows

The VPN client driver has encountered an error. Please restart your computer or device, then try again.

The message history shows "Establishing VPN - Attempting to repair VPN Adapter..."

Restarting the computer doesn't help.

I already tried the registry hack and imported the certificate as described here

http://vipinvgopal.com/cisco-anyconnect-vpn-client-connection-error-in-windows-8/

ICS is not activated.

I run a ISA 570W and I'm not allowed to download other AnyConnect clients from the download center, for whatever reasons...

As I said, other computers are working fine, so I'm sure it's a problem with Windows 8.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Dominik

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dominik,

Your AnyConnect client version does not support Windows 8. Reference.

If you'd like to send a PM with your email, I can get you access to the current version of the client which does support Windows 8 (and 8.1 even).

BR,

- Mavin

Thanks, I just sent you a PM!

I installed the latest version of AnyConnect.

However after clicking Connect in the client I now immediately get the error

Connection attempt has failed due to network or PC issue.

I don't even get the dialog for username and pw

I already disabled Avira Professional and explicitly allowed the AnyConnect client in the Windows firewall settings to make connections, but with the same effect.

When I browse the server address in IE or firefox on the same notebook it's working fine and also clients on other notebooks are working with the server.

No idea?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: