cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows fileshare hangs with Cisco AnyConnect VPN

Ann69
Level 1
Level 1

my wife can access the work ERP system fine. But her Windows mapped drives do not work - i.e., using Windows Explorer to browse "G:" or "\\SERVER" either hangs, or transfer files at 1-2 Kbps.

From her laptop, network speed tests report a consistent 40 Mbps. Pings to the remote fileshare are under 10 ms. But SMB usage via her VPN seems broken.

My workplace (a different company) also uses Cisco AnyConnect. My work laptop has no problems accessing Windows fileshares with the same router. But I did notice one configuration difference: under 'Settings > Route Details', my wife'sAnyConnect AnyConnect lists "192.168.0.0/16" as a "Secured Route (IPv4)". But my work VPN does not route 192.168.x.x addresses. Can this be the issue?

Our home router is a D-Link DSL 2750-B, operating as a Wifi router (IP 192.168.1.1) and wired to the broadband modem. This router assigns DHCP addresses in the 192.168.xx.xx range. Its WAN connection to the broadband modem is a PPPoE connection (MTU=1400, MRU=1492).

I tested my wife's laptop connected directly to the broadband modem (i.e., Windows PPPoE connection) -- that VPN, Cisco DNA, works fine. I also tested using a Netgear R6300 router in place of the D-link box -- that worked too.

Any idea on how to make her shared drives work with our current router?

0 Replies 0