cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

With Cisco AnyConnect on Windows 10, since a few weeks I cannot connect to other sites anymore

With Cisco AnyConnect on Windows 10, since a few weeks I cannot connect to other sites anymore.

Until a couple of weeks or maybe months ago, I could use other sites (not from our VPN) just normally, while being connected to AnyConnect on Windows 10.

But now I can't connect to any site outside of our VPN anymore. Is there a setting for that?

I just want for example be able to open www.google.com, not only the whitelisted sites from our Cisco AnyConnect VPN.

I reinstalled AnyConnect some while ago, maybe some settings were changed then.

I'd be very thankful for any hints.

3 Replies 3

TJ-20933766
Spotlight
Spotlight

Do you know if you are using a full tunnel or split tunnel for the VPN? If you are unsure, can you connect to the VPN, open a command prompt on your Windows computer and issue the command route print. At the top you should only see a single entry for the network 0.0.0.0 if you're using a split tunnel. If you see a two entries, you're using a full tunnel. This will help determine what all could be causing your issues with getting to websites while on the VPN.

Hello, thanks for your reply.

It's a split tunnel.

I noticed that I don't have the issue when I'm using the Windows Store "AnyConnect" app.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Desktop application many times, but the issue persists.

I'm using version 4.6.02074 due to corporate policy (newer versions haven't been approved yet by our IT).

When connected to the VPN, are you able to:

1) ping 8.8.8.8

2) tracert 8.8.8.8 does it stop before getting all the way there?

3) nslookup www.google.com does it resolve?

Can you provide an output of "route print" before and after connecting to the VPN?