Views
Helpful
Replies

Akamai based webcast thorugh Cisco WSA

alessandro.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

my company tested a webcast form a third-part that use akamai servers to stream video.

During the test i accessed the webcast form two laptops,(both in our LAN) first pc was passing through Cisco WSA, second not passing through cisco WSA. During the webcast i noticed that first laptop  was often in "buffering", so streaming stops and i had to manually restart the player , instead the "proxy free" laptop connection was fine.

Our ISP provide us a 500Mbps bandwidth and i saw in firewall that we was using just 75Mb in that moment so we had sufficient BW to support the streaming, so i think the issue is proxy related. Proxy appliance is Cisco S170 with AsyncOS 9.0.1-162.

Had anyone ever experienced this? Can i try to do something to improve streaming performance through WSA?

Thank you in advance.

2 Replies 2

Handy Putra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure in the WSA you do not limit the HTTP/HTTPS Max Download Size in the policy.

Also make sure you did not limit the bandwitdh for Media (overall bandwidth limit or limit from the access policy).

S170 with version 9.0.1 has known issue with performance (especially if you have reporting enable in the appliance), would recommend to upgrade the version as well to either 9.1.1 or the latest one 9.1.2

Hi Handy,

thanks for your relpy. There's no limitation in max download size or bw limits so i think the issue can be related to AsyncOS version 9.0.1 . I'll upgrade to newer version and let you know.

Regards,

Alessandro