Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Fault occured.

mohamed fayz
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Recently , i got some error from Both ironport Web And Email Appliances as follows.

For Email

The Critical message is:

An application fault occurred: ('snmp/ipmi_handlers.py _handle_fan_result|370', "<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>", "invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'no reading'", '[_coro.pyx coro._coro._wrap1 (coro/_coro.c:8477)|757] [egg/interface_controller.py poll_ipmi|1409] [snmp/hardware.py update_sensors|89] [snmp/ipmi_handlers.py update_sensors|609] [snmp/ipmi_handlers.py _parse_sensor_lines|583] [snmp/ipmi_handlers.py _handle_fan_result|370]')

Version: 7.6.3-019

Serial Number:

Timestamp: 06 Nov 2013 10:54:31 +0300

For Web

The Critical message is:

An application fault occurred: ('snmp/ipmi_handlers.py _handle_fan_result|370', "<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>", "invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'no reading'", '[_coro.pyx coro._coro._wrap1 (coro/_coro.c:8442)|757] [egg/interface_controller.py poll_ipmi|1236] [snmp/hardware.py update_sensors|89] [snmp/ipmi_handlers.py update_sensors|609] [snmp/ipmi_handlers.py _parse_sensor_lines|583] [snmp/ipmi_handlers.py _handle_fan_result|370]')

Product: Cisco IronPort S370 Web Security Appliance

Model: S370

Version: 7.5.1-201

Serial Number:

Timestamp: 03 Nov 2013 15:52:26 +0300

To learn more about this alert, please visit the Cisco IronPort support Web site.

Actually, this error we are getting from both Email and web appliances from different customers .  Both Email and web Customer is sending the same error. is any other got this same error alert???

6 Replies 6

Puja Mahapatra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Fayz,

This is a known defect#CSCzv78353 on our end and has been addressed in 7.7 version of AsyncOS for WSA.

Regards,

Puja

Dear Pooja,

I tried to search for the Bug ID you  given in cisco bug search tool kit, i got the below error for this bug.

I need to inform this customer with a valid prrof!! how can i??

Hello Fayz,

I apoligize there were multiple duplicates for the same issue, here is the bug number that you can see using the bug tool

CSCzv78978 and according to this bug, this has been resolved in 7.5.2

Regards,

-Puja

Dear Puja,

Thank you for updating me about this issue . But in bug it is not mentioned about the fixed version. Also, i got the same error from ESA  version 7.6.3-019 as well.

Hi pmahapat, I got same problem with 7.6.3-019 in C370, need your advice....

Got the same too at a C370 w/ 7.6.3-019.

Guess it will be needed to open a case to verify if it's solved at 8.0.1-023.