cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AsyncOS 7.1.1-037 for web

Ryan Brady
Level 1
Level 1

I see that release 7.1.1-037 is available for the WSA.  is there anywhere I can find the release notes/resolved & open caveats for this upgrade?  As seems typical, on a bleeding edge release it's near impossible to find any documentation on cisco's website, yet the upgrade is available to apply.

I'm running 7.1.1-033 (installed it hours before Cisco yanked the upgrade due to bugs, thankfully I haven't experienced any of these bugs, since there is no rollback feature in the WSA)

I appreciate any information.

-Ryan

6 Replies 6

edadios
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Ryan,

The release notes for WSA General Available code is here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps10164/prod_release_notes_list.html

There will be occasions that code issues are experienced and depending on severity and customer business impact, a patched code may be provided.

7.1.1-033 and 7.1.1-037 fall into this category.

Please send me a mail on my user, or otherwise please feel free to raise a Service Request (SR) here, http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/ , if you will need further clarification.

Regards,

Eric

Eric, thanks for the reply and the link to the general release notes for the WSA.

Unfortunately, the link you provided does not include the release notes (and/or resolved/open caveats) for 7.1.1-037 (or 7.1.1-033 for that matter).

My original question still stands:  is there somewhere that the release notes for 7.1.1-037 are posted (bug tracker, perhaps?) or does a customer blindly have to upgrade to 7.1.1-037, not knowing what bugs are fixed or open, or do they have to wait until Cisco sends out an email to Ironport customers stating the availability of the new release (which usually includes the release notes)?  

I have seen significant delays between the WSA showing an upgrade path, and Cisco "officially" emailing customers about said upgrade.  

In my opinion, it is always a good practice to have the related documentation (release notes, for example) available to customers when you make a upgrade available, OR, hold off on making the upgrade available until said documentation is available.   Such a practice can avoid potential confusion for the end-user.

thanks again for your assistance,

-Ryan

We are on 7.1.0-307 on an IronPort S160.  When I click the "Available Upgrades" button, I get:

ErrorNo available upgrades.

Could the S160 be blocking itself to the internet?!!

Hello Keith,

7.1.1-037 is not a generaly available release.

If you prefer to get the code, please open a support request, and provide your serial number, and the code will be provisioned for your device.

Regards,

Eric

Hello Ryan,

General Available Release codes have Release notes accompanying them.

The codes mentioned are not General Release codes. Your device will not have them available, unless specificaly provisioned.

In your case, I will assume you got to 7.1.1-033, because of a code issue, but the code 7.1.1-033 has been removed, and replaced instead by 7.1.1-037.

If you have further query about this, please feel free to mail me on my username, or otherwise open a support Service Request, and we can help you further.

Regards,

Eric

Eric,

Thanks again for your response, but I'm afraid we're running around in circles here..

7.1.1-037 is available for upgrade on our Ironport (our ironport is currently running 7.1.1-033).   It makes sense to me that 7.1.1-037 is a replacement for 7.1.1-033, since 7.1.1-033 was removed.

Here's the problem though:

I wan't to view the release notes (resolved/open caveats and new features, if applicable) for 7.1.1-037 before blindly upgrading.

So let me ask my original question again:

Are there release notes for 7.1.1-037 and how can I obtain them?   That's all I want to know.   I just want to read the release notes, nothing more, nothing less.

I'm hoping for a answer such as:  "Yes, the release notes for 7.1.1-037 can be viewed here:"  or

"No, there are no release notes for 7.1.1-037, you must upgrade without knowing the open/resolved caveats"

Please forgive my frustation, but this is turning into a waste of everyones time over such a simple question/request.

-ryan