cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication Problems with IronPort S670, Windows 8.1, and IE 11

adam.miller
Level 1
Level 1

I can't explain why, but with the following configuration, authentication will not work:

Client is windows 8.1.

IE 10 or IE 11 auth won't work.

Weird thing is.. Windows 8.1 and Firefox works. So does Chrome. No problems at all.

Also, IE10 on Windows 8.0 works.

Anybody else experiencing this?

My setup:

IronPort S670

Windows Active Directory

WCCP redirection

4 Replies 4

donnylee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adam,

Perhaps you could also share the access log from the S670 while testing with Widows8.1 and IE.

thanks,

-donny

priyanksharma
Level 1
Level 1

I think your traffic is matching with any identity on which you had defined MIME Type agent. Check your Global Identity and any custom policy with match-type of MIME agent. and  Yes Access log is needed while troubleshooting about this type of issues.

adam.miller
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

This seems to have been fixed by updating windows. I'm sorry, I don't know which patch.

Miguel Morinigo
Level 1
Level 1

hi, due to a change with IE 11, the IE 11 user agent does not match any of the IE user agents that are predefined in the Identity. To match the user agent, please add the following string under the custom user agents field in the authentication Identity:
Trident

I had the same problem, was solved using that simple line.

miguel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: