cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access Ironport S160

Sean Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Ironport S160 which has been off line and spare.

Our other live S160 developed a fault and was replaced with an S170 which is now up and running.

I am looking to update the spare S160 with the configuration file for the faulty S160.

My problem is that I cannot access any aspect of the configuration for the spare 160.

I have tried accessing the GUI but think I may have the incorrect IP address.

I have tried using a serial console cable to connect via the command line but it will not connect.

I am using the serial setting as suggested in S160 documentation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

Seán

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dariuswojcik
Level 1
Level 1

just for clarification - you cannot acces SPARE S160 Ironport?

Even if you have modified the default configuration  and you cannot access the GUI, you should by able to access the  appliance via serial console in any case. Using the serial settings as  described should enable you to see the start/boot messages after  powering up the appliance. At least, you should be presented with a  login screen.

If not, verify your settings by  connecting to the new S170 appliance. If it does not work, your  setting/serial cable/serial port on laptop is damaged. If it works, so  the spare c160 is damaged/faulty, too.

Another point  is, if you get the login screen on the C160, but you can not login  (password forgotten), bear in mind there is no password recovery  implemented on Ironport appliances. You have to open a TOC and provide  the Support Engineer with serial number of C160 appliance.

Darius

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dariuswojcik
Level 1
Level 1

just for clarification - you cannot acces SPARE S160 Ironport?

Even if you have modified the default configuration  and you cannot access the GUI, you should by able to access the  appliance via serial console in any case. Using the serial settings as  described should enable you to see the start/boot messages after  powering up the appliance. At least, you should be presented with a  login screen.

If not, verify your settings by  connecting to the new S170 appliance. If it does not work, your  setting/serial cable/serial port on laptop is damaged. If it works, so  the spare c160 is damaged/faulty, too.

Another point  is, if you get the login screen on the C160, but you can not login  (password forgotten), bear in mind there is no password recovery  implemented on Ironport appliances. You have to open a TOC and provide  the Support Engineer with serial number of C160 appliance.

Darius

Hi Darius.

I have connected successfully to our S170 with the same laptop and serial cable.

The settings were the same also.

I'm not getting anything on the screen when hooked up to the S160. No prompt for credentials or anything else.

I think there has to be a fault with the unit.

Thanks for your response though.

Seán

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: