Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Iron Port explicit mode

mohamed fayz
Level 1
Level 1

hai All,

I Have setup my ironport WSA in explicit mode, which is placed in ASA DMZ. All the Http,Https, ftp traffic are working fine. But, we have some applications, which is not using any of the above protocols. These applications are using some ports.So, how can i pass all these application to my WSA proxy, since the application doesnt know who is my proxy!!! any solution.

Regards,

FAyz

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Not really, if the application can't be configured to use a proxy and doesn't pick it up from the PC settings it won't work.

Explicit mode requires the application to initiate connection to the proxy.

Thanks

Chris

View solution in original post

Additionally if the application is using the proxy settings but using some non standard port it might be blocked.  Verify the port is allowed to go through by checking the Web Security Manager -> Access Policies -> Protocols and User Agents -> HTTP Connect ports.  If the port is not allowed in there, it will not allow the application to create a connection.

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Not really, if the application can't be configured to use a proxy and doesn't pick it up from the PC settings it won't work.

Explicit mode requires the application to initiate connection to the proxy.

Thanks

Chris

Additionally if the application is using the proxy settings but using some non standard port it might be blocked.  Verify the port is allowed to go through by checking the Web Security Manager -> Access Policies -> Protocols and User Agents -> HTTP Connect ports.  If the port is not allowed in there, it will not allow the application to create a connection.

Christian Rahl

Customer Support Engineer

Cisco Web Content Security Appliance

Cisco Technical Assistance Center RTP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: