cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Ironport C170 - Cannot access WebGUI and problems with creating reports

CP2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks. I have an old C170 that is out of contract and end of life. It was working fine for a few years up until this week. I received a few e-mails this morning from the C170 saying "A failure occurred while building periodic report 'Internal Users Daily Report'." SO naturally I go to login to the webGUI, but I get an error:

ERROR RESPONSE ERROR Code 500: Server got itself into trouble: The application raised an exception.

So I am only able to access the CLI. I am not a pro or even intermediate level on these devices, so can someone assist on my courses of action? I did the DISK_USAGE command, but nothing seems too out of wack there.

Services                      Disk Usage (GB)   Quota(GB)
----------------------------------------------------------
Spam Quarantine                       0.0           1.0
Reporting                             1.5           8.5
Tracking                              9.6          10.0
Total                                11.1          19.5

I did a reboot on it and it came back up fine. I can ping the device as well. I just can get to the webGUI for easier troubleshooting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CP2
Level 1
Level 1

The problem has been solved by doing a system update. I was able to update the system all the was from 7.5.2 to 11.0.1. If you try to upgrade from 7.5.2 to 7.6.2 instead of 7.6.1 then you might run into problems. So try upgrading to 7.6.1 instead. Seems that in the 7.0.0 series that it didn't like to skip releases in the upgrade path. Once I was able to get to 8.x.x then I could go full iteration upgrades. Like from full 8, to full 9, to 10, to 11. Each subsequent upgrade on my network speed took about 20 minutes. The download part wasn't the lengthy part. The reboot was the lengthy part. Good luck with your upgrades!

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

OlegB
Level 1
Level 1
In my case, the reboot does not help. GUI is unavailable.
It happened at midnight on 24-01-2018

CP2
Level 1
Level 1

In looking at the gui_logs, I see an error that could be key into getting the GUI part fixed:

Thu Jan 25 08:36:07 2018 Info: req:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx user:- id:- 500 GET / HTTP/1.1 -
Thu Jan 25 08:36:07 2018 Critical: Error in http connection from host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 60004 - timestamp out of range for platform time_t

Anyone have any clues based on that error?

pktoon
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, i'm facing to the same issue with my S170 WSA "Error Response : Error code 500: Server got itself in trouble: The application raised an exception. " since 24 january

TANECO Admins
Level 1
Level 1

We also have EOL old product (but it' works fine!), and have some problem :(

Product: Cisco IronPort C150 Messaging Gateway(tm) Appliance
Model: C150
Version: 7.5.2-014
Build Date: 2012-03-06
Install Date: 2012-03-06 23:35:48

I think, cause maybe in internal date/time variables of AsyncOS. If set date/time manually, for example, to 12/30/2017 - GUI works correctly.

UPDATE

Upgrade AsyncOS to latest possible version resolve the problem:

Product: Cisco IronPort C150 Messaging Gateway(tm) Appliance
Model: C150
Version: 7.6.3-019
Build Date: 2013-06-09
Install Date: 2018-01-29 14:04:14

But does the upgrade work if the device is EOL? Am I able to download and install from an external source instead of a prompt in the Async OS?

Yes, you can upgrade (I did it from command line).

My system is already on 7.6.3, so I am wondering if that was the last available upgrade for the device.

Why is it set date/time manually, GUI will works correctly.

have anyone open this case with TAC ? if yes please share the result.

looks like a new year surprise bug

thanks

Hi the same problem happened on my appliance i cant login using GUI..but CLI what is the reason guys ? Error Response Error code 500: Server got itself in trouble: The application raised an exception.

What version of AsyncOS are you running? I talked to a cisco rep and they told me to do an upgrade. Problem is that I can't get anything higher than 7.5.2. So she was trying to point me to a different OS repository. If she comes through and helps me today I will report back with my findings.

Thank you for your prompt feedback

version is 7.1.3 and i was trying to update it from CLI but it notifies me their is no applicable upgrade for this appliance.plus to that i am afraid it will  not support the latest OS because its RAM is 4G.

may be the problem is related to Certificate (SSL) outdated or didn't get the issuer (CA) ?

I also hit this issue today, running AsyncOS 7.1.3.

At this point, I'm only using the box as an outgoing relay for a few copiers and alias email addresses.

If anyone has a suggestion for a purpose built box for a low-volume outgoing relay that would allow me to retire this EOL IronPort, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: