Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

ERR_PROXY_AUTH

I am able to get to a site that is CAC authentication required. However, when I try to download a video from the site or Save Target As.. from the site I get Internet Explorer errors.  So, when I go to our local proxy server and do a policy trace I get the results shown on the attachment.  My questions is does the ERR_PROXY_AUTH indicate an error on the server that is hosting the website or is there something in the IronPort I need to configure?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Participant

ERR_PROXY_AUTH

Hello,

There looks to be a problem with your Policy Trace, you need to put the user that is being denied in, it's not picking up an identity or an access policy.

Thanks
Chris

Beginner

ERR_PROXY_AUTH

Chris,

When I do the policy trace I put in the user's IP address.  Users log on with a common access card.  Are you saying I need to put in a username somehow also?  Does the ERR_PROXY_AUTH from the screenshot appear to be a configuration of the proxy itself or the server hosting the website the user is trying to go to?

Participant

ERR_PROXY_AUTH

Hi Carlos,

I'm saying you need to put in whatever method the user authenticates with the IronPort.

Thanks
Chris

CreatePlease to create content
Ask the Expert- Webex Hybrid Services Solutions