cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ERR_PROXY_AUTH

carlos.jordan
Level 1
Level 1

I am able to get to a site that is CAC authentication required. However, when I try to download a video from the site or Save Target As.. from the site I get Internet Explorer errors.  So, when I go to our local proxy server and do a policy trace I get the results shown on the attachment.  My questions is does the ERR_PROXY_AUTH indicate an error on the server that is hosting the website or is there something in the IronPort I need to configure?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.

3 Replies 3

Chris Illsley
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

There looks to be a problem with your Policy Trace, you need to put the user that is being denied in, it's not picking up an identity or an access policy.

Thanks
Chris

Chris,

When I do the policy trace I put in the user's IP address.  Users log on with a common access card.  Are you saying I need to put in a username somehow also?  Does the ERR_PROXY_AUTH from the screenshot appear to be a configuration of the proxy itself or the server hosting the website the user is trying to go to?

Hi Carlos,

I'm saying you need to put in whatever method the user authenticates with the IronPort.

Thanks
Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: